- WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We may collect personal information about:
- our clients, business associates, potential clients and their personnel;
- other individuals in the course of acting for our clients;
- our suppliers and their employees; and
- other people who come into contact with a member of the MLS group.
In general, the personal information we may collect and hold includes name, date of birth, contact details (including current and previous addresses), phone number, email address, employment history, testimonials, your children’s details, family situation, Internet Protocol (IP) address and details about your personal interests and other information which assists us in conducting out business.
We may also collect and hold sensitive information as the meaning given to it in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and includes your criminal record, health information, genetic information that is not otherwise health information, religious beliefs or associations and membership to a professional trade or trade association.
- HOW DO WE COLLECT AND HOLD PERSONAL INFORMATION?
2.1. We will generally collect your personal information:
- from you directly when you provide your details to us – for example, when we deal with you in person, over the phone, through email or input information into one of our applications;
- from publicly available sources; and
- when legally required to do so.
One of the ways we may collect information about you is through the use of “cookie”. A cookie is a small text file that the web site may place on your computer. Cookies may be used, among other things, to track the pages you have visited, to remember your preferences and to store personal information about you.
You can adjust your Internet browser to disable cookies or to warn you when cookies are being used. However, if you disable cookies, you may not be able to access certain areas of our website or take advantage of certain features of the website.
2.2. MLS holds personal information in hard copy and on electronic formats. We take reasonable steps to protect personal information held from misuse, loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. For example, the use of physical security and restricted access to electronic records.
- NO INFO ON HOW WE DO THIS PROVIDED
- WHY DO WE COLLECT, HOLD, USE AND DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
MLS collects, holds and uses and discloses personal information for a number of reasons including:
- to give you access to our website or applications and their functionality;
- to provide and market our products and services;
- to help use manage, develop, support and enhance our services and inform you of any changes – for example, to research and develop any of our applications, websites or services;
- for administrative purposes – for example, checks for credit-worthiness or fraud;
- to manage any conflict of interest or independence obligations;
- to comply with a legal obligation;
- to protect and defend the rights and property of MLS;
- to prevent or investigate possible wrong doing in connection with providing service;
- to protect the personal safety of users, staff or third parties; and
- to protect against legal liability.
- WHO DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO?
We may disclose your personal information (including, in certain limited circumstances, your sensitive information) for the purposes for which it was collected to:
- other MLS personnel, or to our related companies within the MLS group entity;
- various entities who assist us in providing our services - (some of which may be located in foreign countries) – for example, IT service providers, your representatives or professional advisors; and
- where we are required or authorised to do so by law.
We may disclose your personal information to organisations outside Australia. You expressly consent to use disclosing your personal information to those organisations.
- HOW YOU CAN ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND SEEK CORRECTION OF IT?
Subject to the exceptions set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) you may seek access to and correction of the personal information we hold about you by contacting our Privacy Officer at:
- Email: [email protected].
- Postal Address: Attention: Privacy Officer, Men’s Legal Service, PO Box 2020 Springwood QLD 4127
- Phone: 07 3439 8874
We will require you to verify your identity and to specific what information you require access to. We may ask you to lodge your requested changes in writing.
We may require a fee for searching and providing access to your information, but you will be advised of the likely cost in advance.
- HOW CAN YOU MAKE A PRIVACY RELATED COMPLAINT?
If you have any questions about privacy-related issues or wish to lodge a complaint about a breach to your privacy or the handling of your personal information by us, please contact our Privacy Officer at [email protected]. We may ask you to lodge your complaint in writing.
Any complaint will be investigated by the Privacy Officer and you will be notified of the making of a decision in relation to your complaint as soon as is practicable after it has been made.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you can refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner:
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 1300 363 992
- LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES.
MLS applications and website may contain links to third parties’ websites. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third-party websites or applications and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website or application. If you visit these websites or application, you will need to review their relevant privacy policies.
- CHANGES TO THIS POLICY.
This Policy will be reviewed from time to time to take account of new laws and technology, changes to our operations and practices and the changing business environment.
- APPLICATION OF EUROPEAN PRIVACY LAWS.
Our main places of business are located within Australia. Our websites and related projects are intended to be operated for individual, private and not-for-profit purposes by co-parenting individuals living in or otherwise connected with Australia.
- HOW TO CONTACT US.
Address Men’s Legal Service, PO Box 2020 Springwood, QLD 4127
Telephone +61 7 3439 8874
End-User License Agreement ("Agreement")
Last updated: 9 December 2019
Please read this End-User License Agreement ("Agreement") carefully before clicking the "I Agree" button, downloading or using Men’s Legal Service Co-Parent Assistant ("Application").
By accepting this agreement or by installing Men’s Legal Service or other software offered by or on behalf of Men’s Legal Service or by clicking “I Agree” or similar language, you agree to the following terms, notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this agreement.
If you do not agree with any term of condition, do not download, open, install, or click on the “I Agree” button.
Men’s Legal Service grants you a revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited license to download, install and use the Application solely for your personal, non-commercial purposes strictly in accordance with the terms of this Agreement. This license may be revoked at any time at the discretion of Men’s Legal Service.
You agree not to, and you will not permit others to license, sell, rent, lease, assign, distribute, transmit, host, outsource, disclose or otherwise commercially exploit the Application or make the Application available to any third party. You will not use the Application for illegal purposes. The Application is licensed, not sold.
MODIFICATIONS TO APPLICATION
Men’s Legal Service reserves the right to modify, suspend or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Application or any service to which it connects, with or without notice and without liability to you.
TERM AND TERMINATION
This Agreement shall remain in effect until terminated by you or Men’s Legal Service.
Men’s Legal Service may, in its sole discretion, at any time and for any or no reason, suspend or terminate this Agreement with or without prior notice.
This Agreement will terminate immediately, without prior notice from Men’s Legal Service, in the event that you fail to comply with any provision of this Agreement. You may also terminate this Agreement by deleting the Application and all copies thereof from your mobile device, desktop or any other electronic appliance.
Upon termination of this Agreement, you shall cease all use of the Application and delete all copies of the Application from your mobile device, desktop or electronic appliance.
If any provision of this Agreement is held to be unenforceable or invalid, such provision will be changed and interpreted to accomplish the objectives of such provision to the greatest extent possible under applicable law and the remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect.
AMENDMENTS TO THIS AGREEMENT
Men’s Legal Service reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace this Agreement at any time. If a revision is material we will provide at least 14 days' notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
To the maximum extent permitted by law, under no circumstances shall Men’s Legal Service or its affiliates, partners, suppliers or licensors be liable for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising out of or in connection with your access or use of or inability to access or use the application and any third party content and services, whether or not the damages or foreseeable or result from Men’s Legal Service negligence and whether or not Men’s Legal Service was advised of the possibility of such damages.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Men’s Legal Service aggregate liability to you (whether under contract, tort (including negligence), statute or otherwise) shall not exceed the amount of $2.00 AUD. The foregoing limitations will apply even if the above stated remedy fails of its essential purpose.
If you have any questions about this Agreement, please contact us at [email protected].